Sell Unwanted Gift Cards!

720x90_Sell_Discounted_Gift_Cards

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Save 50% or MORE on Milk!

Save on Milk…Really???
Yes…really. I have to admit that I was reluctant to post this. Why? Because I don’t want all of my Coupondipity readers to think that we’re in the business of quick fixes, or weird stuff, etc.
So…I was watching a television program about saving money (imagine that!) and there was a father who said that one morning as he was preparing cereal for his kids, he had the following thought: Milk costs the same whether you buy whole, 2%, 1% or skim. At the time, he had about 1/3 gallon of whole milk. While the kids were preoccupied, he filled up the gallon jug with water (on top of the 1/3 milk remaining). He poured this diluted milk on the kids’ cereal and gave them cups of the milk to drink No one knew!
Fast forward one week: I happened to have a gallon of whole milk for various reasons (we usually have skim!). There was about ½ gallon left in the jug, and I filled it with water. I tried it and could not tell! That evening, my husband had milk with his dinner. Two glasses! I did not say anything to him about my sneaky little trick, and he actually said, “I guess I should enjoy this whole milk since we’ll be going back to skim after it’s gone!” I just smiled…until he was finished. I told him of my experiment and he was speechless.
Just a few days ago, my husband actually ‘diluted’ some 1% milk and could not tell the difference.
So…if you buy whole or 2% milk and fill half of the gallon with water, you will get two gallons for the price of one! (Save a gallon jug and pour half of the milk into the empty container, filling the rest with water).
You can experiment with diluting it even more than half, or diluting 1%.
Not only is this a super money saver, but it cuts calories and fat, too!
If you’re a skeptic, I would suggest that you wait until you’re almost out of milk, and fill your jug with about 2 or 3 cups of water. I bet you can’t tell the difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment