Sell Unwanted Gift Cards!

720x90_Sell_Discounted_Gift_Cards

Thursday, April 12, 2012

How Do Those Extreme Couponers Do It???

Okay, let's face it. Most of us do not want to spend hours upon hours clipping coupons, nor do we want to build an add-on to our home to stash our 'hoard'. But...there are times when you may want to stock up on an item that you know you'll definitely use, when the price is right...or free. For example, the hairspray that I use is about $7 a can. Not too expensive, but I'd really rather have it free. Wouldn't you? A couple of weeks ago, Walgreen's had a deal, and with coupons, I was able to stock up and actually made money on the deal. Yeah, you want to know how...okay...here's the breakdown:

They were on sale 2 for $10

You got a $5 register reward back for each two you bought (to be used on anything else in the store).

I had a $3 off coupon for each.

So I paid $4 for two after coupons, and walked out with a $5 register reward, in essence, making $1 on every two.

So your next question is, "But how did you get all those coupons?"

There are a few ways that you can do this, and I'm even going to share with you an upcoming deal in which you can practice a little 'Extreme Couponing' for yourself!

1. You can use a coupon clipping service, where you simply buy the coupons you want. I like http://www.klip2save.com/. Coupons only cost about $.10 each, and shipping is only about $1 for your entire order.

2. You can get them on eBay. Look for 'buy it now' and 'free shipping' so you don't have to worry about all of the auction hassle.

3. You can trade with other couponers. If you like, feel free to post what you're looking for on the 'Coupon Trading' page here, or post it on the Coupondipity Facebook page. I trade all the time and the coupon community is fantastic. We all tend to just sort of send people what they need, and others do the same for us.

Next question: Well, how will I know when it's worth it to buy coupons?

Good question. There are two websites that I really like. One is called
http://www.iheartcvs.com/ and the other is http://www.iheartwags.com/ (Walgreen's). They post actual sale flyers for CVS and Walgreen's several weeks in advance, giving you the ability to see what deals are coming up and which you may need extra coupons for. Here is an upcoming example:

1. I was looking at the I Heart Wags website for the sale paper 4/22 - 4/29.

2. I noticed (sorry guys) that Kotex U products would be on sale for $2.99 with a $2 register reward printing. (You can only buy one at a time to get the register reward - but I'll just stop at Walgreen's each time I go past one that week).

3. After receiving your register reward, that takes the price down to $.99.

4. I then purchased 20 coupons for $1 off each from a source that I use (see above). This cost me $1.68 for the coupons I purchased, so about $.08 cents each.

5. When I use my $1 coupon and get $2 register rewards back, these will be FREE! What do we love? FREE! (Well, technically $.08 if you factor in what I paid for the coupon)

6. Do I need 20 boxes? No. But I will keep 2 or 3, and donate the rest to the homeless ministry that my church supports.


It really doesn't get much easier!
Feel free to leave comments or questions!
Add Image

No comments:

Post a Comment